Saturday, February 24, 2007

February Funk i.e. I Suck i.e. Wah Wah Wah

I have been feeling blog-guilt (bliult?) due to my severe lack of blogness. I have only one answer. February. What else do you need to hear? February is the suckiest month of the year and it always puts me in a funk, from which I eventually crawl out of, but only after weeks of slothiness, eating junk food, and way too much movie watching. I knew it was finally over when I was fidgety and restless through the whole viewing of Manhattan last night (although maybe just watching Woody Allen stumble through his words causes anxiety). But the REAL end to the FebFunk arrives when an escape is planned and booked, and that plan is soon to arrive, so I’m golden and sunny again (even my hair is looking happier and healthier!).

Lance is working all weekend at New York Comic Con, a geek fest of Javits Center largess, but cool enough for Tek Jansen to make an appearance, not to mention Gary Coleman. This tidbit I found is too good to not share:
"I was in Los Angeles at Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles and Gary Coleman walked in. I was scared to say something, but I did. I said, 'Hi.' He said, 'What's your name?' I said, 'Vaughn.' He asked if i would like his autograph. I said yes. We took pictures and he bought my family chicken and waffles and my grandma asked him could he say it. He said no, and the whole family said please real loud, and he said, 'Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis!' And we all laughed. He was real cool." (Posted: January 2005)

So L is working and I am home typing up resumes and applying for jobs in the City because we have decided to move there in a few months or so. Yes, we are moving AGAIN. That will be move number 7 in less than 5 years. I'm on Job #5 and Lance is on Job #4. With all this change, it seems quite a miracle that we are still together! This move feels like a good one though, very akin to our move to our blessed little condo in St. Paul. Let's hope this lasts longer than a year though! We are focusing our apartment search on the Upper East Side, based mostly on commuting options and availability of decent housing. I found this place which fits the bill, albeit a bit small (a too small apt. in NYC - Go Figure!). And curiously enough, there is an article in this morning's Times (well actually Sunday's Times to you Midwesterners) about the exact block this quaint little place resides in Carnegie Hill. Just one block from Central Park!

But back to the escape plan. March brings Lance to Europe for business and me to Italy for pleasure. We'll be spending a long weekend in Milan, and plan to tour the Duomo, a whole bunch of art and architecture, and perhaps a day trip to Lake Como or Parma or Florence or Venice or or or.... Can't wait to be on the crowded stinky plane listening to TAL on my IPod and seeing CT vanish before my very eyes. Our other plan is a mini trip to Tampa at the end of March to see the Twins in spring training. I have had no luck finding a decent hotel though - Florida is getting so run-down!

Interruption from Lance reporting in from Comic Con. He sounds tired and very bored. But the Reed gang is going out tonight and I've been cajoled into joining them. So time to pack a bag and look up the train schedule. Hope all is well with everyone - please write when you can!! And check back for pictures from Italy in a few weeks!

No comments: