Lance cried to me last night "You must make a post - I'm going through TrikiWoo withdrawal!", to which I explained that blogging is something I prefer to do while he is out of town when the house is quiet enough for me to think!! So, I'm posting this before he leaves for Leipzig to make him happy and to let you know that I'll post a blog about our 4th of July trip in a few days. We had a great vacation of historical proportions, baked in strong summer heat with fireworks, and big-time feasting of American melting pot fare.
We also did a ton of walking and I was too stubborn to wear sensible walking shoes, so my feet are still recovering. Feet are my least favorite subject - Matt used to call me "Hell's Podiatrist" because he surmised this would be my penance if I was chosen to go to hell, due to my extreme dislike of feet, particularly my own, but I must share my experience with great service at www.zappos.com. I have a terrible time finding shoes that I like in the store, and then if I do, they never have either the right color or any left in my size. Why have shoes become a precious restricted commodity? Marshall Fields/Dayton's used to mail them to you if they didn't have them in the store, but my guess is that is no longer, since Fields is now Macys (furthermore I cannot even describe my extreme disappointment about that situation).
Anyways, you can find just about every shoe style at Zappos, and search by color, size, brand, etc. There is no shipping charge and they'll pay for shipping returns. So, my friends, check it out. You can order a bunch of pairs and return what you don't like, all by simply dropping off the box at a UPS store. I hate to give in to the mega online retailers but this is one area where noone else can match their service and/or selection. Plus, it's a really good day when 6 pairs of shoes shows up at your front door. More later....
Friday, July 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment